Imagine a world without clean water, clean air, sustainable land, or living oceans. Our natural resources exist in a delicate balance and are vulnerable to environmental changes. That’s why it’s important that we all do our part to conserve, preserve, and care for the Earth’s resources — and protect the environment that sustains us with food, fuel, shelter and medicine. ~NOAA
1. Learn all you can. Read, surf the web, and experience the ocean directly.
2. Be a smart shopper. Learn more about the source and quality of your seafood.
3. Conserve water. Be careful when washing your car or watering your lawn. Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway or sidewalk.
4. Reduce household pollutants. Cut down and properly dispose of herbicides, pesticides, and cleaning products.
5. Reduce waste. Dispose of trash properly. Where possible, recycle, re-use, and compost.
6. Reduce automobile pollution. Use fuel-efficient vehicles or carpool. Recycle motor oil and repair oil and air conditioning leaks.
7. Protect ocean wildlife. Don't dispose of fishing lines, nets, or plastic items in or near the water.
8. Be considerate of sea life habitats. Don't feed sea birds, mammals, and turtles or disturb their nesting grounds. Support marine protected areas.
9. Get involved. Take part in a beach cleanup or other ocean-oriented activities.
10. Care! Pass on your knowledge!